Date(s) - 04/14/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Heal the Planet is a local non-profit that teaches kids about healthy choices for themselves and the planet, nutrition, the environment, and mindfulness. They have an annual Heal the Planet Day event on April 14th in Snyder Park 9am – 4pm.
- We focus on health & wellness, and on sustainable energy and the environment. It’s all about growing healthy kids.
- There’s a fun run, kids zone, wellness zone, grow your own zone, movement zone, speakers, workshops, music, entertainment, great food, and more!
- The money we raise will help us continue our mission to teach kids about nutrition, ecological stewardship, and to develop our food rescue program.
- Broward County Public School kids can
- (a) attend HTPD2019 for free,
- (b) enter the scholarship essay contest for $250, and
- (c) help their schools win $1000 for the school with the most attendance.
It’s a great family event. Also, we are doing an interfaith dialogue, and inviting congregations from around the area of different religions to sit with each other and discuss how we could be coming together and collaborating to make the world a better place for all of us. For those of you that know Florence Ross (I say “know” and not “knew” because I feel she’s always with me), this is exactly the type of thing she would encourage us to take part in, so I hope to see all of you there. – Ken Fisher
Broward County students get in for free with pre-registration, and there are scholarship opportunities and prizes for schools that have the most attendance. There’s also great opportunities for volunteer hours for high school students, and an extra credit program where kids can get extra credit in their science classes (in participating schools) if they come to Heal the Planet Day and do the activities. Click here to register.